[Trlog] Add-on serial ports

kd4d at comcast.net kd4d at comcast.net
Wed Nov 19 20:31:11 EST 2003

Hi Tim:

I had a problem a couple of years ago getting SERIAL PORT 5
to work on an old PC.  It turns out that I had to set SERIAL
5 PORT ADDRESS.  The serial port worked with other programs,
but not with TR.  From the latest manual:

SERIAL 5 PORT ADDRESS
SERIAL 6 PORT ADDRESS
Values: Hex value Default: 0 (zero)
If you need to use port addresses diƒerent
than the ones displayed by the TR PORT command,
you can specify the base I/O address to use for
SERIAL 5 (or 6) with this command. If you
have set this to a legal value, you can specify
SERIAL 5 (or 6) for any of the serial port
functions.

I hope this helps.

73,

Mark, KD4D