[Trlog] RADIO ONE Missing Comm Problem

Pete Smith n4zr at contesting.com
Fri Sep 26 23:34:42 EDT 2003

At 02:11 PM 9/26/03 -0700, Rick Tavan wrote:
>Is it a bug, a feature or my own stupidity that when Radio One has no comm
>port, trlog refuses to control Radio Two even though it has a comm port?
>
>Why do I ask? I just installed a PIEXX board in my 930 so I could control
>it as Radio Two. I was testing it with a single comm-port laptop and got
>no communication. RADIODEBUG just reported TIMEOUT. I redefined the 930 to
>be Radio One and it worked fine.
>
>Is there a way to tell tr to ignore Radio One for this purpose? I
>commented out the RADIO ONE CONTROL PORT parameter and some of its
>friends, but that was not sufficient.

I have had a somewhat similar problem -- when I have my Mark V on radio 1
and haven't turned on my TS-930 (radio 2), the radio control is somewhere
between critically slow and nonexistent.  As soon as I power on the
PIEXX/930 everything is fine.

73, Pete N4ZR
The World HF Contest Station Database was updated August 30.
129 stations were added or updated.
Are you current? www.pvrc.org/wcsd/wcsdsearch.htm