[Trlog] "All Sun" in beam heading window

Jim Smith jimsmith at shaw.ca
Mon Dec 13 02:46:47 EST 2004

I do have the latest, well the penultimate latest, cty.dat.

Well, I just keyed in RZ0ZWA (2320 local time) and the beam heading
window shows
"UA9 309 4902 km  2142z/0438z".  I haven't checked the sunrise/sunset
times but the bearing/distance is right on for RZ0W according to DX Atlas.

And what about the "all sun"?

Another mystery to me is that, while cty.dat shows a single lat/long for
all UA9 stations, TR, in its infinite wisdom, somehow knows that RZ0W is
at 309 while RZ0A is at 340 deg.  I can only presume that TR uses an
internal table of lat/long for each prefix.  Maybe I just don't know how
to decode the cty.dat file.

73, Jim   VE7FO