[Trlog] Serial Port Cards

David O Hachadorian k6ll at juno.com
Mon Feb 16 16:44:10 EST 2004

On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 16:07:33 EST WG0M at aol.com writes:
> Hi All:
>
> Well, it is my turn to ask for help on serial port expansion cards.
> Ron
> KK1L, is also helping to ensure I have TR set up correctly.  But,
> something is not
> working.
>
> I have seen a lot of discussion about Byterunner.  I have a SIIG
> card with 2
> serial ports and one lpt port.  Works great in W98SE.  Nothing in
> TR.  Rig 2
> is not being polled.
>
> Anyway, I am thinking it could be the card.  Byterunner has three,
> PCI-210H-9, TC-210-9, and T-9001-9 that appear to have what it
> takes.
>
> So, my question is which one is recommended.  I am running W89SE on
> a 450 mhz
> machine.

Since you have an ISA slot available,
you certainly don't need anything more than
the T-9000-9, for $16.

I love the Byterunner 4-port boards, because
they use only one IRQ.

SIIG makes good products, too. I wonder why
yours doesn't work? If it's an ISA board, it
should work automatically, once you set the
jumpers. If it's a PCI board, maybe you forgot
to install the dos drivers and run the utilities?

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ