[Trlog] CW speeding up (fwd)

Pete Smith n4zr at contesting.com
Thu Jan 8 08:09:47 EST 2004

At 04:32 AM 1/8/04 -0800, Eric Hilding wrote:
>Tnx, Jim, as others have pointed out.  However...if Auto CQ is interrupted
>via ESC or a keystroke, ALT + C to resume thashes that concept and it's
>"ramp up time" in WPM each-time-the-CQ-repeats!

As a work-around, I believe you can do Alt-Q, reset the key to be repeated
to F1, and you should get a new "load" of the CW message with symmetrical
speed up/speed down control characters.

But more to the point, why bother with speed-ups within a very short CQ or
other message?  I've never understood the utility of sending "Callsign [up
up up]599 [dwn dwn dwn] 100" anyway.  In bad conditions, all that does is
to slightly screw up my expectation of when the real variable in the
exchange is coming.

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the World HF Contest Station Database at
  www.pvrc.org/wcsd/wcsdsearch.htm