[Trlog] TR Logged SSB QSOs as CW

Eric Hilding dx35 at hilding.com
Sun Jan 18 22:38:24 EST 2004

Dave, K6LL indicated a similar experience with the NAQP logging:

> > Has anyone else experienced this strange behavior and know what
> > might be
> > causing it?
>
>After the contest was over, I created a summary sheet and found about
>10 cw qso's in the log. I didn't notice it during the contest, but
>somehow it crept in there.
>
>TR 6.79, TS-850's (2)

Dave:

First, Tnx for the NAQP QSO's, OM :-)

Interesting that we were both using Kenwood rigs (mine an 870S).  I'm
wondering if this is something unique to a TR/Kenwood config?  I have since
tried a suggestion to increase the timeout but that hasn't helped...the TR
screen flips back and forth from SSB to CW even though I'm in the SSB mode
and band, but does lock on SSB when the dial isn't moving.  Yet, somehow
those CW entries end up after pushing the button.

I'm now wondering if it might be something in the NAQP Contest Template
itself? Maybe Tree can shed some more light on this.

73...

Rick, K6VVA