[Trlog] Editing Woes

LRod at pobox.com LRod at pobox.com
Sat Jul 10 22:54:00 EDT 2004

> Perhaps due to only a few hours of sleep before I got back up at 5AM local
> to play IARU a bit, since my rig control no longer works, I forgot to
> manually switch bands to 40m.
>
> So, about 75 QSOs from the 1st hour are on the wrong band ;-(
>
> I tried editing the .tmp & .log files via Notepad & saving, but it doesn't
> appear to change anything & my Dupe-Control is whacked now on 20m.
>
> Is there another way to solve the problem *without* existing TR...to make
> the band changes so I won't get a lot of "QSO B4 OMs" ???

I have found that even though NotePad will edit medium large files, it won't do
a search-and-replace (if that's what you did) for as large a file; it'll quit after a
couple of hundred lines or so. And it gives no indication that it failed to
complete the operation.

One recommendation I would make is to do a search for NotePad+ (free
download) which is much more robust and flexible than NotePad. I have also
found EditPad the same way (and also available in a free version) and it, to is
much more robust and flexible than the original NotePad. I now use it for all of
my HTML editing for my website.

73, Rod K4QG

http://www.woodbutcher.net

Never be afraid to try something new;
remember amateurs built the Ark,
professionals built the Titanic

Those who understand binary and those who do not.