[Trlog] How to correct logged band errors?

Kenneth E. Harker kharker at cs.utexas.edu
Mon Mar 29 07:38:23 EST 2004

On Sun, Mar 28, 2004 at 08:12:16PM -0800, Eric Hilding wrote:
> My rig interface got messed up at times due to RF problems from the
> 20-15-10 vertical I installed on the roof directly over the shack ;-(
>
> I went into the .dat & .log file and made corrections for the known entries
> which got logged as 160m QSOs when they were really 10m
> ones.  Unfortunately, when I re-open TR (the .cfg) file, the 160m total
> still includes the mis-logs.
>
> So I tried to see if I could edit the .rst file with Notepad thinking that
> might be a final fix, but too many bizarre characters.
>
> In a nutshell... "HELP!"... how to fix things???
>
> Tnx much.  Not a major score here but would like to see an accurate log
> sent in for the club effort.

Here is what I would do:

rename your corrected log file to something like FIXED.LOG
(if it's a CW contest, add CW TONE = 0 to your .CFG file)*
At the command prompt, type TR READ FIXED.LOG

TR READ will read in the QSOs from the FIXED.LOG file, and
recompute dupes, band totals, QSO points, and multipliers,
resulting in a newly-computed score, and a fresh .LOG file
that you can then use in POST.  It actually reworks the
contest, and is fun to watch.  You can learn more about
TR READ in the manual.

*Otherwise, TR will send the CW of the sent portions of every
QSO to the PC speaker.

Kenneth E. Harker      "Vox Clamantis in Deserto"      kharker at cs.utexas.edu
University of Texas at Austin                   Amateur Radio Callsign: WM5R
Department of the Computer Sciences          Central Texas DX & Contest Club
Taylor Hall TAY 2.124                         Maintainer of Linux on Laptops