[Trlog] Computers at an Expedition

George Fremin III geoiii at kkn.net
Sat Nov 13 07:09:46 EST 2004

On Fri, Nov 05, 2004 at 11:29:17AM -0800, Paul Erickson wrote:

> Computers at an expedition
>
> Having recently been responsible for the computer network of a
> dxpedition,(my first) I thought I would try to pass along a few things I
> learned in the process in an effort to help anyone else who might find
> themselves in a similar position/situation.

Having done this for a dxpedition as well - I think your
comments are quite good.

I found that unlike a contest the dxpedition really has little
need for the networking of computers. Adding a network increases
the level of complexity that I was not willing to deal with.

Each computer just kept a running log for whatever was
worked on it and each day I wnet around and did a savelog
to floppy and merged these all together on my computer thus
updating the 'master' log.

--
George Fremin III - K5TR
geoiii at kkn.net