[Trlog] bootable USB "thumb drive" for XP

kd4d at comcast.net kd4d at comcast.net
Sun Nov 14 07:24:25 EST 2004

Hi Dick:

Most of the USB sticks come pre-formatted.  My two were FAT16.

You can just plug them in, boot DOS, and do a "SYS C:"
or whatever to get DOS loaded.  Just make sure you
"SYS" the correct drive letter.

This is an interesting trick to get the "SYS C:" done from
Windows XP.  This must install the corresponding files from
XP...can we get all the utilities we need (like smartdrv, emm386,
and such) working on that version of DOS?

I just used a DOS boot floppy to format mine...

73,

Mark