[Trlog] QTF what?

VR2BrettGraham vr2bg at harts.org.hk
Fri Oct 1 03:01:53 EDT 2004

N6TR replied:

> > Finally got around to seeing why TR tells me UA0SMF is 12000 km away
> from at
> > a bearing of 166 degrees.
> >
> > Tried UA9* & UA0* - only UA0S, T & W are off.  Way off.
> >
> > Presumably a negative in front of what should be a positive number or vice
> > versa
> > for the position of those locations?  The data for this isn't in CTY.DAT...
>
>No - the position is in the code.  And it was wrong for UA0S.  The location
>is entered as a grid square - which the sunrise/sunset and beam heading
>routine can use directly to compute headings.
>
>The grid for UA0S was 0022 (zero-zero-two-two) which should have been OO22,
>(oh-oh-two-two).  I am sure that will make a difference!

Same grid must be used for UA0T, as I get same bearing & distance from here
in OL72bk.  UA0W is apparently QTF 185 at 11093 km, with ascending &
descending earth turns of 2304 & 1231, respectively.  UA0S/T are at 1512 &
0510, though only 1000 km further away at QTF 166.

One suggestion: if a station has a grid in TRMASTER, then one only gets a QTF -
no range or sunrise/sunset times.  It would be nice if the program could
use that
grid to calculate all, as it does for just the prefix of a call in the call
window.

73, VR2BrettGraham