[Trlog] Will Multi Mode Work in Windows?

Tree tree at kkn.net
Wed Oct 20 17:43:59 EDT 2004

On Wed, Oct 20, 2004 at 09:27:19PM +0000, k9cc at comcast.net wrote:

> Has anyone used the multi mode feature of TR in Windows? Both computers work ok by themselves, but they won't link. One is win 95, the other is win xp. I always use DOS, (single op), but I need to do a multi op using windows if possible. Reason why, is long story.

XP does present TR with challenges - as I think you are running in a
virtual machine instead of having direct access to the IO ports.  This
will make it hard to TR to work.

You can try using DIRECTIO - do a web search.  This program essentailly
ties the virtual machine to the hardware and should enable you to make it
work.  Make sure you are in a maximimzed window - or have twiddled with
the settings to make sure the DOS window is getting full attention.

If asked to send CW - it will probably sound bad, but most everything
else might work.

Or - put a DOS disk in the floppy.

Tree