[Trlog] Serial numbers in Cabrillo

Igor Sokolov ua9cdc at r66.ru
Sun Apr 24 09:13:02 EDT 2005

I second Tonno's request as far as Russian DX contest is concerned. I
have tried the difficult route more then one year ago requesting Trey
to include RDXC into Cabrillo specs. We went as far as Cabrillo
version 3  (proposed) on his site. Anyway nothing happened since last
year December. Trey stopped answering emails. I have got reports from
several other people who tried to extend Cabrillo specs for
additional contest that they have encountered similar situation with
Trey not responding. That includes some software writers as well.
So may be Tree find it possible to implement Cabrillo like output for
Russian DX contest and the problem will get solved for the time
being.

73, Igor UA9CDC

> Anyway, if there is this Template for all CQ and ARRL contest then
that
> could be also perfectly applied to other similar contests with
serial number
> that TR Log supports. Russian DX, EU Sprint would be the most
important. The
> only thing needed is to have the sent serial at position 49, maybe
you can
> add it for those contests?
>
> 73
> Tonno
> ES5TV

Just
> >> Russian
> >> DX for example. I can't send the organizers CBR and have to send
DAT.
> >> Also
> >> EU Sprints, etc.. The Cabrillo file is just empty at the place
where
> >> serial
> >> number should be.
> >>
> >> For WPX it does put sent serial numbers but NOT TO CORRECT
PLACE. On WPX
> >> website the correct Cabrillo format shows serial numbers
starting a few
> >> digits after the RST but TR puts them right before the Stations
Callsign.
> >> Is
> >> this acceptable for WPX organizers??
> >>
> >> Could somebody explain me why is this and am I missing
something. Can I
> >> reconfigure TR somehow to include sent serial numbers correctly?
> >> Organizers
> >> of those contests promote that TR is perfect for those contests,
well is
> >> it
> >> then?
> >
> > TR (at one time) supported all of the contests listed on the
Cabrillo