[Trlog] SP2R (Single Port Two Radio)

PaulKB8N@aol.com PaulKB8N at aol.com
Tue Aug 16 17:27:30 EDT 2005

In a message dated 8/16/2005 4:19:19 P.M. Central Standard Time,
Bevans at hal-pc.org writes:

Using  K5AF's arrangement, I would guess that TRlog doesn't realize you  are
wanting to be in a true SO2R configuration and some of the features  wouldn't
work correctly (Alt-D tuning recognition comes to mind.  I  guess TRlog would
think the second rig is on the same freq as the first  rig).  You would also
be limited to the same brand and possibly model  rig for both radios or the
freq readout would be (possibly) messed up and  show you on the wrong band

Yep, precisely, I have to use either two Icoms or Ten-Tecs, or some
combination thereof.  I get almost the same flexibility by having the  external memory
keyer switched to the non-main radio.  I don't have a  specific run or S&P
radio, that varies by band combination, so my external  (non-computer) keyer is
always on the S&P radio.

Paul, K5AF