[Trlog] TR problem with AMD XP system

Jim Smith jimsmith at shaw.ca
Fri Aug 26 01:36:52 EDT 2005

I bought a new computer a few weeks ago because the current PIII 500 MHz
one is getting pretty flaky.  I've been running TR in a Win 98SE DOS box
totally successfully for years on this machine.

I had the new one set up as a Dual boot system - Win 98SE and XP.  The
mobo is an Asus A7V8X-X with an AMD XP3000 chip.  I had presumed that I
could run TR as usual if I booted into Win98SE.

Well, it does work as long as I tell it to not use any serial ports.  If
I set the .cfg file to show radio one on SERIAL 1, as I've been doing
for years, TR gets part way through the loading process and then crashes.

The serial port works fine under Win98 with Hyperterminal.

If I restart in DOS mode, I get the message "Radio one polling disabled"
even though I have told it what radio one is and what serial port it is on.

Any ideas as to what I should try to get the serial port working?

TIA es 73 de Jim Smith   VE7FO