[Trlog] POST routines

Richard Ferch ve3iay at rac.ca
Wed Jul 13 06:44:05 EDT 2005

On Tue, 12 Jul 2005, W6RCL wrote:

>I suspect that putting the three significant figures (the khz info) from
>the LOG.DAT file into the Cabrillo log would be fairly easy... but since I
>am not a software writer myself, I don't really know.

Yes, it is quite easy to do. I wrote a little DOS program to do this a few
years back, called CBRFRFIX (for Cabrillo frequency fixup). You can
download it from:

http://www.storm.ca/~ve3iay/download.html

IIRC (I haven't used it myself in a while!), in a contest which does not
use serial numbers  (such as the IARU) you just create the Cabrillo file
from POST and then run CBRFRFIX. Tell it the file name of your Cabrillo
file, the file name of your LOG.DAT file and the file name for the new
output Cabrillo file, and it will merge the frequency data from the log
file into your Cabrillo file and output the result into a new Cabrillo file.

For contests with serial numbers, you must first use POST to create a
second copy of your log file with the QSOs renumbered (to replace the
frequency data with serial number data), then run POST on the *new* log
file to create a Cabrillo file containing the serial numbers, then run
CBRFRFIX on the new Cabrillo file and the *original* log file to put the
frequency data in the right place. This may involve some futzing around
with file names (if the original log file is LOG.DAT, the new log file will
probably be called LALLBOTH.DAT. Rename LOG.DAT to LOGFREQ.DAT, rename
LALLBOTH.DAT to LOG.DAT, create the LOG.CBR file, and then use CBRFRFIX to
combine LOG.CBR with LOGFREQ.DAT to produce LOGFREQ.CBR). SAVE A BACKUP
COPY OF YOUR LOG FILE IN ANOTHER DIRECTORY OR FOLDER FIRST!

Hope this is what you were looking for.

73,
Rich VE3IAY