[Trlog] customised files - was: Re: RUDX Contest Bug?

Rolf T Salme rolf.salme at telia.com
Fri Mar 25 03:37:45 EST 2005

Brett,

I guess you hit the nail there and summed up this
and similar discussions very well, when you said,
>>The rules are what everyone should go by, not the
>>behavior of any particular software.
Eternal truth, I say.

The Vlad&Wlad couple may of course be puzzling
to some, but as you mention it, I am sure you know
that Vlad I is the name transcribed into the Latin
alphabet, whereas Wlad II is Russian and Russian
Morse at that.

One of the Regions which appears in the multiplier
list is "Voronezhskaya obl.". Let´s all sing and be
happy that the rules AND TR-Log seem to agree that
a simple "VR" over the waves will suffice instead of
the full Russian CW version, "Woronevskaä oblastx"!
(I do hope that that last character in the first word
appears correctly on your screens; it´s .-.- in CW)

73 & cu in next RDXC,
Rolf
SM5MX