[Trlog] TR in Windows question

W2AGN w2agn at w2agn.net
Thu Mar 30 12:20:56 EST 2006

Robert Tellefsen wrote:
> I know there are a number of users running TR within Windows, rather than
> in a pure DOS environment.  I'll be getting a refurbished desktop computer
> for my shack soon, and I'd like to explore running TR this way so I can have
> other programs running at the same time.  I expect I'll be using Windows
> 2000 Pro,
> as that's what I'm presently familiar with.  I'll be using TR with two K2s
> to run SO2R when I get all the switching arranged.
>
> I'd appreciate hearing the experiences of those of you running this way, as
> well as any "watchouts" you might have encountered.
>
> Thanks and 73
> Bob N6WG
> The Little Station with Attitude

Bob,

Set up dual boot, and make a small DOS partition. TR will run in a DOS window on
Windows 98, but with 2000 Pro (and XP) the "Command Prompt" is not really DIOS,
and TR log goes wacky (technical term, known only to certain highly placed
people in the nerd hierarchy).

--
   / \   / \   / \   / \   / \   John L. Sielke