[Trlog] New TR684.ZIP

Bernie van der Walt bernie at internext.co.za
Fri Nov 3 00:18:12 EST 2006

Hi Syl

Set your baud rate to 1200 and not 4800.  Your DBS2 should start working again.

GL

Bernie, ZS4TX

  > What kind of Icom radio are you using, and at what baud rate?
  > The latest versions of TR-Log past 6.79 will not work below
  > 4800 baud with Icom transceivers.  If you can set the radio
  > for 4800 baud, you'll be glad you did. The response is faster.

  I have a pair of CI-V. I spent hour trying to get the DBS-2 to talk to my
  736 and 746 Pro. I could see the digital stream from the Icom at the right
  point on the PIC in the DBS but the PIC won't produce any output. After
  discussion with Array Solution I found that original developer/producer was
  SK and no schematics or support material other than the manual was
  available. So I changed my strategy from having the DBS-2 talking directly
  to the Icom I decided to take the band output from TR. Not an ideal solution
  but a solution never the less. TR 679 works perfectly fine with this setup.
  TR684 does not work. It does talk to the Icoms okay but the band output will
  not follow the rigs and hence I loss control of my antennas and BP. A bad
  setting? A bug?  Not sure. I can always run 679 - it worked fine in the CQWW
  SSB.

  CU in SS

  Syl

  Sylvan Katz - VE5ZX