[Trlog] LOG.TMP problem with 6.85

VR2BrettGraham vr2bg at harts.org.hk
Fri Nov 10 19:24:02 EST 2006

N5OT noted after I described how LOG.TMP somehow
changed back in time after exiting & restarting 6.85:

>I had a LOG.TMP disappear while testing before SS, but by backing out of
>everything and rebooting the computer it miraculously reappeared.  Believe
>me, I was in a panic.  I'm glad it's back, but I have no idea what happened.

Well, at least I'm not the only one seeing something.

LOG.TMP is rewritten to disk each time something
is done (an edit or additional call logged).  With
DOS 6.22 & no caching, where can bits of the log
from before be coming from?  Some funky impending
hard disk failure that two-for-two has hit the same logical
file?  ;^)

Scary.  Rebooting should not change the already-
written-to-disk LOG.TMP, so why after doing so did your
LOG.TMP reappear?  Weird.

73, VR2BrettGraham