[Trlog] Serious problem with Trlog ver 6.85

Bob Wolbert, K6XX k6xx at k6xx.com
Mon Nov 27 13:21:10 EST 2006

> Another thing at the end of the contest was that trmaster.dta
> didn't show any calls, but that is something not related to
> the band switching problem.
> We didn't restart the computers and I think maybe we don't
> have enough RAM in our old computers? The remaining memory
> was something around 12k.
>
> 73 de Jan, SM3CER

Same problem here, with the TRMASTER.DTA not showing up.

Initially, restarting the program 'solved' the problem, but as my log grew,
the restarts became more frequent. At about 1300 Qs, this solution didn't
work. I believe it is a memory problem.

I tried simply exiting TR to the DOS window and restarting TR. A very fast
solution, taking only about 5 seconds. After this no longer worked, I
restarted the (Windoze 98SE) PC in DOS7 mode, which freed up more RAM.
TRMASTER began working again.

However, this is not a good solution for me, because something causes my PC
to automatically insert the letter "G" every so often. Only in true DOS
mode. Not just while transmitting, either... How does one free up memory for
DOS inside Windoze? (Full screen mode). Same as for regular DOS, with
something like MEMMAKER?

73 de Bob, K6XX
www.k6xx.com