[Trlog] Instability problem fixed

Tree tree at kkn.net
Sat Sep 30 12:25:16 EDT 2006

For those of you who had hangs or other strange behavior when trying to run
with the RADIODEBUG option, I believe I have solved this problem,  There is
a new version of the program here:

http://www.kkn.net/~tree/TR682.ZIP

If you are having radio interface issues and were unable to send me the .BIN
files for analysis, please try it with this version.  Start the program up
with TR RADIODEBUG and let it run for 15 or 20 seconds and then close the
program with Alt-X.  You should have some .BIN files corresponding to the
com ports you were using (COMxIN.BIN and COMxOUT.BIN).  Those are what I will
need to work on the problem.

I was using the built in BlockWrite command at the character level, and there
must be something wrong with the runtime libraries when you have several files
open at once and you do a lot of it.  I am now buffering up the data and only
doing the writes every 200 or so characters and things seem to be much better
behaved.

Tree