[Trlog] Set Up Question

Dale Martin kg5u at hal-pc.org
Sat Dec 15 08:44:40 EST 2007

I read 6.6 in the manual.  It sounds like Restart.bin lets you restart your
contest logging without having to scan through and extract data from the
log.  I don't know how long that would take, but apparently, the restart.bin
makes getting back to operating faster.

On the other hand, if you made changes to the log.dat file, you would remove
the restart.bin to have trlog recreate a 'good' restart.bin so the changes
get reflected properly.

I didn't know what it really did until you raised the question, JIm.  Now I
know....or I think I do.  Thanks!

73
Dale

UPDATE RESTART FILE ENABLE *
Values: True or False Default: True
Determines if the RESTART.BIN ‰le is automatically updated after each
contact, or only when
exiting the program. The RESTART.BIN ‰le allows the program to quickly
restart without
having to read in the LOG.DAT ‰le resulting in quicker initialization. When
this μag is set to
TRUE, the RESTART.BIN ‰le will be updated automatically after each contact.
Otherwise, it
will only be updated when you exit from the program. Refer to Section 6.6
for more
information on what the RESTART.BIN ‰le does. There is also a report in the
POST program
that will show you the contents of the RESTART.BIN ‰le.