[Trlog] VSEMUIO BYTERUNNER/DOS -SOLVED SO2R AGAIN

WG0M at aol.com WG0M at aol.com
Mon Feb 12 20:45:00 EST 2007

In a message dated 2/12/07 5:53:28 P.M. Central Standard Time,
ac0w at charter.net writes:

Mike,

See no one responded via the reflector. Did you get the  help you need or do
you still need some help.

If you have the  commands all figured out how to start up the program from
the command  prompt, then adding it to the autoexec file is  easy.

Bill
AC0W

Bill:

Got it working, finally thanks to Dan, KD4D.  He spent the  weekend working
with me until we had success.  He suggested I  summarize and publish what I had
to do so others can benefit.   I  shall.

History:
My system is W98SE
I am doing SO2R and decided to run RTTY using MMTTY.  However, I  needed two
more Com ports.  To solve this issue, I purchased  aByterunner 410 H 4
serial/1lpt card.

Problem: In DOS and running TR,  I could not establish rig 2  /computer com
munication like I had with the card I removed.  So, I asked  for help.

Dan came to my rescue and spent the better part of this weekend helping  me.

The below instructions are for the Byterunner 410 H 4 serial/1lpt  card.  The
card comes with a disc that contains drivers (including DOS),  VSEMUIO setup
instructions and VSSHOW program that will display port  addressing.

The first step is to create a file named VSEMUIO and saved it on the C  drive:
C:\VSEMUIO
I saved the VESMUIO.EXE (from the supplied cd and VSEMUIO.CFG  file (see
below)

The second step is to set up a cfg file using Notepad.  Here is  mine:

S,A800,02E0,14,8,5

Save it as VSEMUIO.cfg  in the VSEMUIO folder described above.   The string
instructions are detailed in the VSEMUIO Readme file.

The below instructions are what I did to configure COMM 5 to work in DOS
Third, in TR Two radio config file (some may call it logcfg.dat),  I  changed
my rig 2 config line to read

RADIO TWO CONTROL PORT = SERIAL 5  (EXISTING)

SERIAL 5 PORT ADDRESS = 02E8  (NEW)

Reboot into DOS.  I hit the F8 key on boot to get me to  the command prompt.
During the boot, you should see the string
C:\>C:\VSEMUIO\VSEMUIO C:\VSEMUIO\VSEMUIO.CFG

This means the VSEMUIO program is running.  At the C prompt start TR  the way
you normally do and enjoy.

I am back to SO2R

So why did I do this?  RTTY.........first card only gave me a total of  6 com
ports.

Com 1  Packet
Com 2 Rig 1
Com 3 Keyboad
Com 4 mouse
Com 5 Rig 2
Com 6 Rotor
Com 7 Rtty rig 1
Com 8 Rtty rig 2

Dan gave me permission to publish his email address; _kd4d at comcast.net_
(mailto:kd4d at comcast.net)

I am  truly grateful for all the help Dan provided

Michael  WG0M