[Trlog] Problem with "slowness" in the CQ160 Contest

Jim George n3bb at mindspring.com
Sun Jan 25 11:23:45 EST 2009

I had an unusual problem with the CQ160 contest with TR 6.92. It was
extremely slow. Granted, I run it on a prehistoric 486DX at 66 MHz, but
that's what I run all the TR programs on, so the slowness is unique to this
contest. It took almost two seconds to "process" the QSO. It was not a
problem when I started as I was S&Ping and the wait didn't hold anything
up.But later, I started CQing, and the wait was so long that I was delayed
going back to the callers since the wait time to "digest" the last QSO was
almost two seconds. I could not continue. Is there anything unique about
this contest (such as sorting through a large number of potential
multipliers or whatever)??

This is the first time I have run into this in many years of using TR.

Jim N3BB