[Trlog] TR700 crashing problem

Ed Muns w0yk at msn.com
Fri Dec 17 09:50:43 PST 2010

Terry Zivney, N4TZ/9 wrote:
> I installed TR7.00 in MSDOS 6.22
>
> I've had two problems.
>
> 1) with just one radio on, typing ALT-R to go to second radio
> (habit) crashes TR - get Runtime error 216 at 001A:0EAD

This exact same thing happens here.  Same error message, same memory
location.  Booting MS-DOS 6.22 (no Windows).

In addition, I found another sequence that produces the same error at
another memory location:

1.  Start TR-Log
2.  Enter N0RR (TR-Log is in S&P mode)
3.  Enter 3 RON CA
4.  Enter W0UN (TR-Log is in CQ mode)
5.  Enter 1 JOHN TX
6.  TR-Log crashes to the DOS prompt with "Runtime error 216 at 0019:29E5".

Starting TR-Log again immediately results in the same error.  If I delete
NS.TMP, then TR-Log runs OK again, but the screen background color is no
longer black.  Sometimes it is gray and sometimes orange.  Re-booting clears
this problem.  If I log some other QSO prior to the sequence above, no
problem occurs, so it has to be that sequence with a new log.  I've not had
any other problems with various random operations.  Can you reproduce this
specific error, Terry?  (or, anyone else running native MS-DOS 6.22)

Ed - W0YK