[Trlog] TR4W

k0dq k0dq at analog.org
Tue Jun 29 14:10:50 PDT 2010

Trying again with fewer addees -

-----Original Message-----
From: k0dq [mailto:k0dq at analog.org]
Sent: Tuesday, June 29, 2010 4:25 PM
To: 'VE5ZX'; 'Tod -MN'; 'trlog at contesting.com'
Cc: Mark Bailey KD4D (kd4d at arrl.net); Bob Wilson N6TV (n6tv at arrl.net); Pete
Smith
Subject: RE: [Trlog] TR4W

Syl,

Bingo.
I defer to N4ZR, KD4D, N6TV and other gurus on this reflector but from what
I've seen, virtually none of the USB-LPT interfaces are good for more than
printer connections.  That's why PIEXX developed the SO2Rxlat to translate
between USB and a virtual LPT.

I have one, it works in N1MM and WINTEST - both of which have implemented
the MK2R protocol (at least the radio and headphone switching does, I've not
been able to get it to send CW through the LPT yet) - but not at all with
TR4W (unless there's a beta version out there compatible with MK2R, rumored
to be in the pipeline a year ago).

Another future possibility is incorporation into TR4W of the YCCC box or the
new micro2R box, both of which are roughly the price of a DX Doubler (230
euros for the latter).

73

Scott