[Trlog] Stuttering CW continues

Michael Gulbranson wg0m at aol.com
Sat Dec 3 08:27:42 PST 2011

Still looking for a remedy to resolve stuttering CW.  I found the message
below and wonder if there was a fix published
(.http://lists.contesting.com/pipermail/trlog/2005-March/012226.html)  I
retired my old box W98SE box for a newer box running XP with a partitioned
hard drive for DOS. Thanks to Mark, KD4D for his  tremendous technical
support AND patience with me who helped me through the very daunting
process.

This message captures exactly what is happening to me.

Hello all

        On my old 486 machine THE CW rhythm was perfect. On my "new" TR
machine

        (Compaq Armada 7730 MT, Pentium 133 MHz) CW stutters when data is
written to

        the Hard disk. When I answer a Call in CQ mode TR sends the call,
then starts

        to write onto the HD while sending 599 and the number. 599 has a
stuttering

        sound. When I log the QSO the TU and the beginning of my call is
less than

        perfect either.

        Any remedies around?

        Many thanks

        73 Phil, HB9FMU

I think the operative from the above is "when writing to the Harddisk."  Any
ideas?  I added the following lines to my autoexec.bat file:

LH SMARTDRV

SMARTDRV C+

I confess that I don't know DOS....

Help please...and thanks in advance.

Thanks

Mike WG0M

If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace.
 <http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/t/thomas_paine.html> Thomas
Paine