[Trlog] 2016 RAC Winter Contest

Carlin Royal n5oe at nctwb.net
Wed Dec 7 20:12:49 EST 2016

Thanks Mike for the information. I did a little deeper reading into the
original TR manual know I am on the right track with your info, and
think I found what I should do in order to edit a DOM file. I
created/modified a new DOM file named P13TEST.DOM, based off the
original P13.DOM file (that CTRL-J showed me the program was using) and
then I just added the following two lines into my CFG file:

DOMESTIC MULTIPLIER = DOMESTIC FILE
DOMESTIC FILENAME = P13TEST.DOM

And below is what my new P13TEST.DOM looks like:

13 Provinces

Ns = VE1, VA1, CY9, CY0, NS
Qc = VE2, VA2, QC
On = VE3, VA3, ON
Mb = VE4, VA4, MB
Sk = VE5, VA5, SK
Ab = VE6, VA6, AB
Bc = VE7, VA7, BC
Nt = VE8, NT
Nb = VE9, NB
Nl = VO1, VO2, NL
Nu = VY0, NU
Yt = VY1, YT
Pe = VY2, PE

I then fired up TRlinux and began a small test of entering about 5 different QSO's with 2 mock multiplier VE stations, 1 US QSO, and 2 RAC official stations.
 From the score listed, and from what I can tell from the RAC website, it seems to work fine. And yes, the 20 QSO points for RAC official stations worked fine.

This leaves me with one small question for you or the group, where are the RAC official stations listed in TR, and should I ever need to edit them, how to go about doing that.

Thanks!
Carlin N5OE