[Trlog] Mortty keyer

George Fremin III geoiii at kkn.net
Sat Apr 16 15:38:17 EDT 2022

I just got a Mortty keyer. I think this is an ardunio running the k3ng keyer not unlike the mini so2r box. I was kind of hoping the winkey emulation would work with trlinux. Trlinux seems to try to talk to it but then trlinux exits. Maybe we need to tweak things a bit or maybe add a k3ng keyer mode. But if the k3ng code really emulates K1el winkeyer I would expect it to work. Maybe one of the initialization commands it making things get upset. Looking at the winkeyer.pas i see a lot of things are getting set.  I did a google search on Linux and k3ng and i see that cqrlog has had issues with this as well in the past.

Looking at his code it kind of looks like he has some k3ng specific lines.  I am not totally sure since I am mostly lost when I start looking at computer code.

https://github.com/ok2cqr/cqrlog/blob/master/src/uCWKeying.pas

Anyway. It would be cool to get this k3ng based keyer working. And I am guessing that will need to work for the mini so2r box anyway

There seem to be several keyers out there based on the k3ng code.

I was hoping the winkeyer emulation would just work.  I guess I should hook this up to a windows box and see if I can get this Mortty keyer to work and confirm it is running the k3ng code since it can run several other programs.

George Fremin III