[Trlog] Request - remove the sidetone

George Fremin III geoiii at kkn.net
Mon Jun 6 19:47:37 EDT 2022

On Mon, Jun 06, 2022 at 10:55:53AM +0200, Martin Kratoska wrote:

> can I ask to remove everything concerning sidetone (monitor tone)
> from the winkeyer support routine? It is not needed, there is
> already the radio sidetone. Why should the keyer beep on the table?

I disagree - I think there are times when someone might want to make
the keyer sidetone to work.  I just had one here - I do not have a
radio hooked up but it was a great way to play with the software and
prove that I am sending code to the keyer.

And you can, as a user, turn off the sidetone in the winkeyer with the
ctl-j menu setting.  It seems better to have the user in conrol of
that and have it work just as it does now.

--
George Fremin III - K5TR
geoiii at kkn.net
http://www.kkn.net/~k5tr