[Trlog] Request - remove the sidetone

George Fremin III geoiii at kkn.net
Tue Jun 7 09:54:29 EDT 2022

On Tue, Jun 07, 2022 at 11:09:48AM +0200, Martin Kratoska wrote:
> I have a Microham DXP here that includes a K1EL version 3.1 chip.

This is very interesting.

When w9cf with his winkeyer chip can turn the sidetone on and off.
And I with my full blown Winkeyer USB 3.1 unit can trun the sidetone
on and off but with your Microham you can not. It would be interesting
to understand why that is the case. None of us have a Microham keyer -
so maybe you can see if you can see what part of the trlinux code is
not alowing you to turn the sidetone off.

Have you tried setting the config value for CW TONE = 0?

What version of trlinux are you running.

It would be great to make CW TONE = 0 to work correctly with your DXP.

Yes you could rip out that part of the code from trlinux - it is open
source - and you can alter it as you see fit.  But from what I can
tell it is working as intended with the winkeyers that two of us have
for testing.

One other option that comes to mind, if you do not want to help
troubleshoot the code and make it work with the DXP as it does with a
Winkeyer would be to open up your DXP and remove the speaker - since
you do not want to hear sidetone ever - that would be the fastest way
to fix this issue for good with no programing or troubleshooting work.