[Trlog] Winkeyer USB sidetone

w9cf at arrl.net w9cf at arrl.net
Tue May 31 01:49:20 EDT 2022

Martin,
I see.  That's strange. I just tested and
CW TONE = 0
turns off the sidetone with my homebrew version which uses a K1EL Winkeyer
3.0 chip.  According to the website, K1EL is not shipping the 3.1 version
chips now due to supply issues, so I can't buy and test one. The change
document only shows changes up to 3.0, so that is not helpful, but it
appears from the data sheets that the main difference is the addition
of RTTY keying in version 3.1.

I am at a loss as to why CW TONE = 0 is not working for the newer chip.

73 Kevin w9cf