[Trlog] TRlinux on WSL?

Tree tree at kkn.net
Tue Jul 16 09:01:58 EDT 2024

Interesting question from an even more interesting person!

Until you posted this - I had no idea what WSL was. Perhaps I will give
this a try at some point.

However, I am really not aware of any reason why it won't work.  Unlike the
TR Dos version, TR Linux is not accessing the hardware components and does
everything through the Linux operating system (unless there is something
lurking that I haven't found that W9CF knows about).  Therefore, assuming
the implementation of WSL is really Linux (and I would think it is) - there
shouldn't be a problem.

You might have to recompile the program under WSL as the binary we
distribute might have some compatibility issues.

Reading the fine print - I see there are two versions of WSL availalbe, and
only the first version can be used with Win10.  The second version sounds
like it has a better chance of working without recompiling.

One problem I have no idea how it is resolved has to do with using \ or /
with filenames.

Tree