[UK-CONTEST] ROPOCO2

ian fugler ian at g4iiy.freeserve.co.uk
Sun Aug 4 15:29:16 EDT 2002

I replaced the usual 100 foot doublet with an 80m dipole at 35 feet for the
occasion.  I also ran 400W for the first time in ROPOCO.  I finished up with
my lowest score to date - 53 QSOs.  I hope it was conditions.

It was almost as if someone was abbreviating the received postcode to the
first two digits.  The latter exchanges consisted of FY, PE, NR, GA, LE and
CU.

Given the general, poor band condx, I have decided to take advantage and
completely rebuild the aerial farm from scratch.  Next step will be to
reorganise the shack to accommodate permanently the new amp.

Ian G4IIY