[UK-CONTEST] FT-1000MP - T/R timings

Dave Sergeant dsergeant at connectfree.co.uk
Sun Dec 8 11:52:16 EST 2002

On 8 Dec 2002 at 12:23, Chris Tran GM3WOJ wrote:

> Sorry I can't help with QSK settings - I've never understood why any
> contest station would ever want to use QSK !

Why not? Perhaps I am spoilt in having proper QSK in my K2 which does
it without any clattering relays. It can save an awful amount of time
in hunt and pounce if the station comes back to somebody else while
you are calling. Perhaps of less use if you are running a frequency
with only short calls - and of course for the 'big boys'  where if
the station doesn't come back to the first call something is wrong...

I found it frustrating in NFD this year when one of our ops did not
use the QSK properly and kept on calling stations who had clearly
come back to somebody else. QSK is great, but you need to know how to
use it.

73s Dave G3YMC

dsergeant at iee.org
dsergeant at btinternet.com