[UK-CONTEST] GQ pfx

Ray Goff ray at g4fon.co.uk
Thu Feb 28 06:55:56 EST 2002

Clive,

Interesting story, 25 years ago I had had G4FON for about six months and was
looking forward to the contest. Unfortunately it coincided with the annual
Montreux television symposium and I was carted off to Switzerland because I
had just finished designing some products for the then new technology -
teletext.

The British contingent, it seems, always stayed at a campsite at the side of
the lake and we had a gigantic bonfire to celebrate the Jubilee, with lots
of drink! During the course of the evening, after copious amounts of
alcohol, one of the Brits became convinced that he could walk on water and
tried to convince others to try - I can still hear him shouting at the top
of his voice "you are just not concentrating hard enough".

Unfortunately, I didn't get back for the contest, which is probably why the
Farnborough club didn't win it that year :^)

Ray g4fon.