[UK-CONTEST] Heil Headset

Ian White, G3SEK G3SEK at ifwtech.co.uk
Mon Jul 8 11:28:19 EDT 2002

Stewart wrote:
>Jim,
>>I feel I want to wrap a bundle of foam round the mic to act as a wind
>shield!
>
>That's exactly what I did. That got rid of those awful plosive 'S' noises.
>In fact I think you can see it on the pic on my web site for last CQ WW. It
>looks a mess, but works fine. Well, no one has told me it doesn't!

If appearances count at all, proper foam microphone shields are
available from the catalogues in a variety of shapes and sizes. One of
them will probably fit over your mic.

On the other hand, there's not much point in using a pretty one with a
boom mike, since we're all liable to dip it in the coffee mug and spit
biscuit crumbs at it... and some of us will even try to set it on fire!

--
73 from Ian G3SEK