[UK-CONTEST] IARU

Mike Farmer G3VAO at hortonbrook.freeserve.co.uk
Mon Jul 15 17:52:19 EDT 2002

Hi All

Just thought I'd enquire what people thought of the propagation over the weekend - ie was 10 m really bad or do I have a RX  problem.   The propagation guesstimates I did suggested 10 was not up to much but I found it worst that rubbish!

I had fun on 15 & 20 including a run into the USA lasting almost 2 hours at around 80/hr. 15m produced DU, 9V (the old home town), JA, HS plus a fair splatter of South America as well as the US of A.

40, 80 and 160 all produced the usual - really must work out how to stay alert between 03 and 05!  (Used to suffer at that time when doing the night shift on the RAF comms network.

Got 701 QSO's (1 Dupe) all SSB, Used SD as I was doing SO unassisted with 100 watts and it seemed to miss some mults but I have it all to check yet. so watch this space.

73 all
Mike

(and for those people who don't look at the e-mail address)
G3VAO, ex 9V1OE, 9V0OE, 9V1SN, 9V0SN, VS9MF, VS9OC and VQ9IO

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---