[UK-CONTEST] Low Power Contest

Dave Sergeant dsergeant at connectfree.co.uk
Tue Jul 16 05:59:22 EDT 2002

I am intending to enter the Low Power contest next Sunday as G3YMC/P in the 3W
section.  If the weather turns nasty (current forecast looks good) I will do it from
home instead.  I hope conditions are rather better than this last Sunday when inter G
propagation on 40m was virtually non-existent!

My fairly dated version of Super Duper, 9.02, does not directly support this contest.
Does the latest version?  I am not intending to use it on site (as I will have no
power for the laptop) but will of course use it to produce the entry log.  What is
the best way of handling contests which are not directly supported by SD as far as
the contest committee is concerned? I had a similar problem with the Yeovil Fun Run
QRP contest and ended up printing out the log and posting it off!

And yes, conditions last weekend were nothing special.  Only a half hearted attempt
at IARU with 65 QSOs and 25 of the OJ stations, but I did manage KL7, SU and J75 with
5W from my K2 - perhaps conditions weren't that bad after all!

73s Dave G3YMC
dsergeant at iee.org
dsergeant at btinternet.com
http://www.dsergeant.btinternet.co.uk