[UK-CONTEST] FW: WRTC analysis

Clive Whelan clive at gw3njw.fsworld.co.uk
Tue Jul 16 20:01:01 EDT 2002

Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 23:40:58 -0000
To: gw0ryt <gw0ryt at gw7x.org>, gw4ble-2 <steve.r.cole at bt.com>,
MW5EPA <mw5epa at gw7x.org>, Neil <g3oay at aol.com>, Steve Cole
<gw4ble at btinternet.com>, "Ed Taylor, G3SQX" <Ed at G3SQX.net>,
Geoff weale <geoff at 3lew.freeserve.co.uk>

Subject: WRTC analysis
From: Clive Whelan <clive at gw3njw.fsworld.co.uk>

I just checked the results table against the GW7X log for the
weekend. I see that I missed 14 of the 52 teams on any band
which is a tad disappointing. However I was by no means hunting
the OJs, since they were not especially valuable to me, and I
had my own agenda.

I note that the missing stations were distributed as follows;

First quartile 4
Second   "     1
Third    "     1
Fourth   "     8

Now I am no statistician, but I think the 8 in the 4th quartile
must be significant, and indicate that these stations, were not
efficient enough in mult hunting, as I cannot imagine that they
can have failed to hear me on one band or another.

Do not misunderstand me, I am not being sniffy about this, and
all these blokes are probably better than I am( you bet they
are, Ed). More it is poignant since I am a classic underachiever
in the multiplier stakes, in virtually every contest.

Food for thought.

73

Clive

GW3NJW