[UK-CONTEST] IOTA Contest - SDI v9.91

Paul O'Kane paul at ei5di.com
Sun Jul 21 18:02:20 EDT 2002

I've released V9.91 of SDI for the IOTA Contest.  SDI is FreeWare
from http://www.ei5di.com/sd/sdi991.zip (329 kb), and you can
download a PDF version of the SD manual from
http://www.ei5di.com/sd/sd.pdf (153 kb).  Here's what's new.

Updated IOTA.REF and SDIOTA.CTY supplied. They're not essential,
as SDI scores correctly even when these files are not up-to-date.

AutoCW lets you "run" stations on CW.  Enter, from an empty
callsign field, plays your F1 (CQ) message.  Enter, when you have
typed a callsign, sends the full exchange and positions the cursor
on the Serial Received field.  When you complete the IOTA Ref
field (if any), your F3 (TU) message is played.

SDI's default keyer memories are now (you may have to edit yours)

    F1:  TEST #R  #R TEST
         (TEST YourCall  YourCall TEST)
         Plays when you press Enter from an empty
         callsign field

    F2:  #C #T #S#E
         (Callsign  RST  Serial  Enter)
         Plays when you press Enter from a valid
         callsign (or from the RST Sent field if
         you have chosen variable RST Sent with
         the RST command).

    F3:  TU #R#E
         (TU YourCall Enter)

    F4:  #C #T #S#E
         This is the Dupe message. I log dupes,
         so F4 is the same as F2. If you prefer
         not to log them, you should edit F4.

    F5-F6 are for use when searching and pouncing.
    AutoCW is disabled when you use any Function
    key (other than F1) to play messages.  To use
    the Function keys for keying, you should have
    Caps Lock ON, or use the Numeric Keypad (with
    Num Lock OFF). Use the A command to re-enable
    AutoCW.

    F5:  #R  (YourCall)

    F6:  TU #T #S
    (TU RST Serial)

    F7:  #T #P  (RST Previous Serial)

    F8:  ?

When AutoCW is enabled (it's toggled with the A command), ACW
replaces CW on the Status field underneath the callsign on the
logging line.

If you're operating CW from an IOTA island, you should add your
IOTA Ref to the F2 and F4 messages (after #S - Serial Sent).  For
example, #C #T #S EU5#E. To make the exchange more readable, I'd
recommend a Serial Padding Factor of 2 or 3 (use the CWZERO
command), and extra spacing in your IOTA Ref may help - for
example EU1^2^^T for EU120.

If you need help, or have any questions, please try the SD User
mailing list.  You can sign up at
http://lists.contesting.com/mailman/listinfo/sd-user.

73,
Paul EI5DI