[UK-CONTEST] RSGB LOW POWER CONTEST 2002

Don Beattie g3ozf at btinternet.com
Mon Jul 22 03:12:11 EDT 2002

I found this slow going. Activity was only mediocre, and conditions on 40 metres were far from ideal for inter-G or even good Eu contacts.

I think the duration (at 6 hours) needs review - 96 Qs in 6 hours is not very uplifting !

Anyway, for what it's worth:

Callsign      : G3BJ
Claimed Score : 1100

Contest    : Low Power Contest 2002
Date(s)    : 21 July 2002
Mode       : CW
Single/Multi Op: Single Op
Section    : 10 watts fixed

Contest Exchange (Zone, District) : RST/SER/10W

                160m  80m  40m  20m  15m  10m  Total

    Valid QSOs:    0   40   56    0    0    0    96
  Total Points:    0  475  625    0    0    0  1100

TX/RX      : Ft1000MP MkV software limited to 10 watts and verified by power meter
Power o/p  : 10 watts
Antennas   : 2 ele 40m yagi at 80 ft, 80/40 trap dipole at 40 ft,
             80m dipole at 80 ft
Operators  : G3BJ

Comments   : Slow progress indeed ! 40 metres almost deserted for the
first hour of the afternoon. Perhaps we should shorten the contest.
Also great confusion between the European power codes in their exchange
and our "??W". Can we not get some consistency between the exchange ?

73

Don

multipart/alternative
  text/html