[UK-CONTEST] RSGB LOW POWER CONTEST 2002

Dave Sergeant dsergeant at connectfree.co.uk
Mon Jul 22 06:34:37 EDT 2002

For information, here are my results in yesterdays Low Power contest as G3YMC/P  Don thrashed me on 80, but I wasn't far behind
on 40!!

Band   QSOs  Points
80m     27       320
40m     54       605
Total    81       925

Section (d), Portable 3W

Equipment:  Elecraft K2, 3W, with 90ft inverted doublet at 7m
Matched via K2 internal auto ATU and 1:1 balun.  Rig powered from a single 4AH gel cell. Set up in a secluded part of a local park,
with the station in the open (it has been bone dry in Bracknell all last week, unlike parts of the country).

This was an exercise in setting up a one man portable station, and in that respect I enjoyed it.  Conditions on 40m were certainly not
favouring inter G and it was a struggle at times.  But the last quarter of an hour was great with a last minute pile up! And 80m was
open in the morning rather better than I expected.  I would suggest we keep the rules unchanged.

Dave G3YMC
dsergeant at iee.org
dsergeant at btinternet.com
http://www.dsergeant.btinternet.co.uk