[UK-CONTEST] IOTA G0MTN SO12Mixed LP Unassisted

Steve Jones steve at rjtraining.fsnet.co.uk
Mon Jul 29 08:12:17 EDT 2002

Good advice Peter, just hope that you don't get criticised  in Rad Com like we did at gw6J a couple of years ago for speaking too fast!  Like Stewart I got fed up of waiting and after three qsos and still no call I started calling them on the main vfo whilst carrying on up the band on the second vfo.

What disturbed me more was a number of EU conterst stations who were not giving their iota number on the exchange. Plus all the stations that insisted on giving part calls only, despite me asking for full calls only, and the ones who suddenly changed their island status when I had asked peridically for island stations only.

On the whole though I enjoyed the 12 hours I operated, and the poorer condx made it a bit more challenging in terms of which periods to operate and which band to try running on.

73 Steve
---
Protected by Norton Internet Security 2002
All outgoing and incoming emails are scanned for viruses.