[UK-CONTEST] Certificate news... and GU0AAA/p - NFD

Nigel Cawthorne G3TXF at compuserve.com
Tue Jun 4 15:05:46 EDT 2002

Hullo UK Contesting chaps,

Two contest certificates were on the door-mat upon
my return yesterday from the Three A's pleasant
little jaunt to Guernsey for NFD (GU0AAA/p).

1. A nice certificate and results booklet from the
Slovenian Contest Club's Aug 2001 European
HF Championship.

2. A 'CQ' certificate for the Nov 1999 CQWW Contest.

The purpose of this posting is not to brag about my
incoming wall-paper but to compare the amazing
difference in the timings of the two: the EU HF Champ
certificate arrived in less the TEN MONTHS after the
event, whereas the "CQ" certificate took over TWO
AND A HALF years to get here [It was posted airmail
from the US only last week].

Come on "CQ" - get your finger out with those certificates!

BTW : The G3SXW-G3TXF-G3WVG-operated GU0AAA/p
NFD entry made some 1,120 QSOs during a great weekend
on Guernsey. We enjoyed meeting several GU's
[including GU4YOX, GU4EON, MU0FAL, GU0SUP, GU4YBW]
and one of our number even had time to pop over to visit
the GU3HFN/p NFD site (20m only) on Jerbourg (SE tip of GU).

GU0AAA/p was at Fort Doyle which is on the northermost tip of GU.
Fine WX during the entire four days that we were there, apart from
one torrential down-pour just an hour before the end of the Contest.

73 - Nigel G3TXF