[UK-CONTEST] G numbers

G3SJJ g3sjj at btinternet.com
Sat Mar 9 10:46:08 EST 2002

No, I wouldn't agree Steve. It is really a case of where you
draw the line. There are some events where you might just
tune across the band and work a few stations. It might UBA,
HA or whatever, there is some contest every weekend. Surely
you are not suggesting that every time we do this we should
send an entry in? It's a bit like DX chasing really. I enjoy
chasing pile-ups, but I don't have to set about sending a QSL
after each QSO. It's just being active and having a bit of fun.

My own line is to target several events during the year, some
of which are serious entries, others I will spend whatever time
I have available. I will put an entry in for ALL of them.

For example, I have done the ARRL 10m for several years
now. I know I won't figure but I do send in an entry. So please
don't put me in the Apathy category

73 Chris