[UK-CONTEST] RE: [UK-CONTEST] GM4YXI in ARRLSSB 2002 SOABHP

g3ory at lineone.net g3ory at lineone.net
Sat Mar 9 12:11:09 EST 2002

Keith,

I wonder if this is the same "german-accented anal retentive" who was on
80m dispensing the same advice during AFS ssb leg?  The sound of that guy's
signal on 80m placed him a little closer than DL, I felt Holland or maybe
Belgium.  He answered the question "Do you have a callsign"  with "Yes but
I am not telling!". Sign of a good English speaker but not a native English
speaker.  In last week's contest the F2 critical frequency was so high,
the skip was much shorter than usual on 20m.

I wonder if there are any readers of this reflector on the Continent who
might be able to place this guy better than we can?

Bob

G3ORY