[UK-CONTEST] RSGB 21/28

Mike Farmer G3VAO at hortonbrook.freeserve.co.uk
Mon Mar 11 09:20:45 EST 2002

I keep seeing reference to the need to close down the RSGB 21/28 contest. Having missed the earlier discussion on this one can anyone tell me why it should go.  I used to enjoy it especially when I was in the 100w to a dipole or vertical days (I used to be able to get the smaller ae's into my garden!!).

I only stopped taking part when I discovered that the adjudication was not in accordance with the rules, but I note that the rules have now been clarified so I may well restart.

I still feel that its a good one to wet the appetite on.

My view is that we must retain a good selection of domestic contests if only for the purpose of wetting appetites I suspect not many newcomers would want to start in the international contests. Especially with the increasing levels of poor operating that we see.

73 de Mike