[UK-CONTEST] Heads up CT users

Keith Kerr pat058 at abdn.ac.uk
Mon Mar 18 13:59:16 EST 2002

Hi folks,
This may be of interest. I just received my Feb CQ magazine
and scanned the WPX SSB results. I entered last year, as
before, as GM7V (single op 10m single band). My score
correctly appeared in the High Claims listing on the WPX
website and looked safe for a 7th place world in the 10m HP
category.

No sign of my call in the Top Ten box in CQ! My score
reduction couldnt be that much, surely?

It wasnt. My score only fell by 0.4%, which is
gratifying. What was annoying was that I am listed as
an ALL BAND entry! I've been in touch with Steve,
N8BJQ and the upshot is that the 'pseudocabrillo' file
which my version of CT generated had NO category
listed. I sent my .bin file also, and, when they ran
my file from v9.27, in their v9.71, it generated a
category of Single Op AllBand CW!!!! The automated
system managed to ignore the CW fault but stuck me in
the All Band Section (a complete turkey in WPX IMHO,
given the multiplier structure, but that is another
issue!).

So, I'm a bit p***** off. Look out, if you are using
CT and check that the header info is correct. Also,
don't send .bin files from CT v9.27, since they
clearly do not convert 'over there'!!!

GL in the contest
Best Wishes
Keith GM4YXI (GM7V in WPX SSB  10m ONLY!!!)